The following online groups have been identified:
An interesting concept is the following online training course for Data Management, created by the University of Minnesota Libraries in 2012 by authors Lisa Johnston and Jon Jeffryes. It consists of 7 videos; the complimentary activities are available at http://z.umn.edu/datamgmt.modules
- DMP Online : produced by the UK’s Digital Curation Centre to help research teams respond to a recommendation in Lyon (2007) that “Each funded research project should submit a structured Data Management Plan for peer-review as an integral part of the application for funding.”
- DMP Tool : a service of the University of California Curation Center of the California Digital Library. U.S. funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health require researchers to supply detailed, cost-effective plans for managing research data, called Data Management Plans. Several universities and organizations are developing the DMPTool to help researchers meet these new requirements.
- Research Data Management Plan : University of Melbourne, with additional advice and resources here
- Australian National University Data Management Manual : describes research data management in general and includes an outline for a generic data management plan.
- Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR): guidelines on creating data management plans for grant application purposes, for a wide variety of scientific disciplines
- Guidelines to Data Management : MIT Libraries has compiled a list of online guides cover general principles for managing your data, plus select information related to particular formats or disciplines.
- MIT Libraries : online subject guide proving detailed data management and publishing plans