Mendeley: NeDICC relevant documents link
- The Open Data Handbook: this handbook introduces you to the legal, social and technical aspects of open data. It can be used by anyone but is especially useful for those working with government data. It discusses the why, what and how of open data – why to go open, what open is, and the how to do open.
- Australian National University Data management Manual
- Data management for librarians
A reading list for librarians interested in data management projects covering issues such as: advocacy, skills, strategies, case studies, researcher focused approaches.
- Managing and sharing data. 2009. Uk Data Archive. The information provided in this guide is designed to help researchers and data managers, across a wide range of research disciplines and research environments, produce highest quality research data with the greatest potential for long term use.
- Glossary of data management terms
- Carlson, JR. 2011. Demystifying the data interviews: developing a foundation for reference librarians to talk with researchers about their data. Libraries Research Publications.
- Tenopir, C., Birch, B., & Allard, S. 2012. Academic libraries and research data services: current practices and plans for the future (an ACRL white paper). Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Baily, C.W. 2013. Research Data Curation Bibliography
- Geraci, D., Humphrey, C. & Jacobs, J. 2012. Data basics: an introductory text
- 3Tu.Datacentrum: Data selection.
- Houghton, J. 2011. Costs and benefits of data provision: report to the Australian National Data Service. Victoria University. Centre for Strategic Economic Studies.
- Osswald, A. & Strathmann, S. 2012. The role of Libraries in Curation and Preservation of Research Data in German: findings of a survey. Presented at the World Library and Information Congress: 78th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Helsinki
- File formats for long term access
- Choosing formats
- Data and file formats
- Research Data Management File Format Standards
- Data Management for Researchers
- Templates for data management, e.g. data collection, data storage and metadata
- Data Management Plan Templates
- Writing a Data management Plan
- Guidelines for responsible data management in scientific research
- DCC How-to guides provide working knowledge of curation topics aimed at people in research or support posts who are taking on new responsibilities for managing and curating data.
- Research Cyberinfrastructure Pilot Projects. In the spring of 2011, the UC San Diego Research Cyberinfrastructure (RCI) Implementation Team invited researchers and research teams to participate in the Research Curation and Data Management Pilot program. Twenty applications were received and after due deliberation the RCI Oversight Committee selected eight pilot projects, five that are curation-intensive and three that are storage-intensive.
- Incremental project. Incremental is funded through the JISC Managing Research Data programme, with the aim to support researchers at the Universities of Cambridge and Glasgow.
- The ADMIRAL project: A data Management Infrastructue for Research Across the Life sciences. ADMIRAL is a project of the Image Bioinformatics Research Group and is funded by JISC
Use existing policies as a guideline for developing organizational specific policies ito what to include and the scope.
- Monash University: Research Data Management Policy. Of specific interest is the link to retention periods
- University of Wollongong: Research Data Management Policy
- Policy-making for Research Data in Repositories: A guide